Thursday, January 03, 2008

Joash The Freelance Videographer (Updated)

Cassie & I have been very honoured to have been chosen to create a series of videologs highlighting the development of the state of Johor. We've been here since Friday & we have been on the roll ever since we arrived. And so far my job as a videographer has been a wild & amazing journey. The luxury of being on a cruise, the rush of sitting on a speedboat, the coolness of attending a press conference & rubbing shoulders with the likes of RTM & Berita Harian, the delicious free food... Our organisers have been great in providing us an awesome experience of JB and its development. Cassie has been great not only in front of the camera, but in planning & managing our work here. It's our first time working together & so far everything has been good.


In spite of all the good stuff, I must say that it has also been a bittersweet experience for me. Being away from my family & May to be on my first field job has not been easy. I miss them terribly. There were some 'firsts moments' in my life here that I didn't get to share or experience with them, especially May, & that really breaks my heart. I wish I can bring my loved ones, pack them in a luggage bag & take them wherever I go.


Tomorrow will be our final day of shooting (for the initial phase of the project). And if everything goes well I can be back home (KL) before midnight. I'll write more extensively on my fieldtrip in JB, but here are some nice pictures for you...




Taking a break at Festive Street Mall, Danga Bay.

The cruise

Cassie Lee

Amazing meal at Anna's kitchen

Sunset by the Bay...


No comments: