Monday, April 03, 2006

MSN (2)

There is a certain group of people who constantly place their status as "Away". When they are away, their status is "Away"; When they are just signed in, their status is "Away"; When they are talking to you, their status is "Away"... And this confuses me. One moment I'm talking to this person whose status is "Away", and the next they don't respond to you. So when exactly are you away? Are you lying, or you're just lazy to change your status?
 
I don't know what are their intentions for doing so, maybe some of you can give me some idea. I had asked, but the reasons seem to be very much invalid, considering the fact that having msn is a way of saying to your friends "Hey I want to keep in touch with you"... but setting your status as away always, it's like saying "Maybe I'm here, maybe I'm not" or "I maybe here physically, (or cyberly?), I'm not here in spirit... All depends on what you're saying... So tell me something I want to hear and respond to."

5 comments:

Cely said...

no idea.. but i will still talk to the person if i wan.. no matter what status they are putting.. ahha..

If they put "away' or "busy", u msg them, no reply.. is either they can have a very good 'reason' to ignore u.. or they really not around.. or too busy to reply u.. kekke

Christinesy said...

Yea I agree with Cely. Upon reading this entry it was though you were talking about me because I'm that type of person who puts MSN status to be "away" whether or not I'm at my desk.

I don't really have a reason to do so but just like what cely said, it gives me a reason to not reply when I'm not in the mood for chatting. It gives me a reason to be "away" when I'm actually not and come back to reply later. It gives me a reason to avoid people I don't want to talk with.

But sometimes it's because they set MSN to be automatically logged in everytime they start the pc so...

Joash Chan said...

thanks Christinesy for your comments =) Thanks for paying this visit

Anonymous said...

well. for my case is busy instead of away... Few weeks ago i was really busy doing assignment so i set it to busy mode. Since then it seems to be a default setting. I tried to change it many times but the next time i online it remains as busy mode unless i change it. So can i say it isn't intentional and i am innocent of this? hehe...

Anonymous said...

"Away" on msn translation(s):
1. Away physically
2. Online but not available to chat.
3. Lazy to change status
4. Want people/person to think you're really away.
5. wanting to avoid you(plural)
6. Busy
7. Other invalid reasons you can think of.

hahahaha

God bless.