Tuesday, March 25, 2008

JB Log 7: Series of Unfortunate Events

I was really, really pumped for the week. I genuinely felt that as we carried our luggage up to the service apartment. It didn't take long for my motivation to be completely swept away.

1st: MAGGOTS!!

We found maggots on the floor, chewing on the eggs I carelessly left there. The smell wasn't too bad, but cleaning up was really hard. They keep popping out of the carpet!! While I was using tissues to clear off maggot by maggot, Joseph was smart enough to google our way of this mess: BOILING HOT WATER. Still, it took us several hours before the situation was resolved, because we couldn't find the electric kettle... Ewww, DISGUSTING!! Oh I kept 2 dead maggots. Anyone wants to test themselves for fear factor?





2nd: TOO MUCH WORK!!




I was hoping to personally say a big thank you to my boss for giving us that 1 week break, but only managed to smile as he rushed for a meeting. He called later, surprising us with an almost unbelievable task - make 21 videos in 2 weeks!! That's crazy!! But Joe & I are determinded to make it happen. We have these yellow stick-ons that will help us keep track of our everyday work schedule. We still don't have a board, so the cupboard will have to do for now.


3rd: Almost useless footage

We immediately got to work as soon as the instructions were given. First stop would be Danga Beach Clubs. I had to do the commentary this time, as my weak wrist won't allow me to carry the video camera. Took me a while to get into the groove, but I did it. I was so proud of myself that I even camwhored a bit (just a bit). I was very excited about editing the footage too. But there was NO AUDIO!! NOOOO!!! Somehow the wireless mic didn't work, so all my live commentary is now gone. & so is my confidence. Will have to do several re-shoots & a lot of editing tomorrow night.

4th: I still don't have a bed!!

I finally have a proper mattress. The dude who delivered the bedframe said we could install it ourselves, so we spared him the trouble. To our dismay, we found out that there were no screws provided!! Can't install bedframe!! By the way, the bedframe is not a new 1!! No idea when the guy will come & claim the frame back. Might be here in the room forever. Like the dead maggots under the carpet.

So tonight I go sleep on a frameless bed, hoping that the maggots won't come alive & eat me in my sleep (eat joseph, please!!) & wishing for a better tomorrow. ZZzzzz....

1 comment:

Sewjin said...

that's just sad