Tuesday, February 28, 2006

It's a small world indeed.

I think it was yesterday that I received a forwarded email from my college classmate. The forwarded message contained pictures of this amazing looking tree. The original sender had a blogspot link at her signature, so I thought that maybe it would be good to just go net surfing a while. Maybe I'll find more amazing looking stuff...
 
So anyway, I clicked on the link and appeared on this girl's website, her name is Cely. I was particular interested by the video that she posted, recording an accident . I wanted to know what webhost she was using, because I wanted to post videos on my blog too. Previously I've found OurMedia, but the uploading speed was unbelievably slow. She also mentioned about recording the incident with her camera phone, so I was interested in that piece of info too.
 
So I left a comment on her post, and almost immediately I received her reply. What a helpful, friendly person!! Anyway, we got into discussion about webhost and also camera phones. I told her that I've finally found a good webhost, YouTube (which is currently down at the moment, that's why i'm not providing the link here. Hope it comes good again soon). Since she was so helpful, I thought that I would provide her with some useful information too. I told her to check out my website and see how YouTube has helped me.
 
On my blogspot, I've just posted a video of my own (as I am typing this post YouTube is still down, so you'll have to see my video later). It's a video of VisionCast 2005, one of my first works. Not too long after my email, I received her reply. Now, at this point of time I was pretty shocked. 1, because her reply was quite fast. 2, the subject of the email was OMG, which is short for "oh my god" or "oh my goodness" or "oh my gameboy!!", etc. Now that kind of subject title gets anyone's attention. 3rdly, she actually went and visit my blog and saw the whole video. Hard to find sincere people nowadays mah.
 
But the most amazing thing was that in my video, she found her long lost friend, who happens to be my youth member. Now that's the power of communication, my friends. I always hoped that my blog would contribute something positive to my readers life, and I'm glad that I was the channel that brought 2 close friends back together.
 
Just before typing this post, I visited Cely's blog again. She just came into the blogging world in December 2005, so I managed to see most of her writings, and I enjoy reading her posts. Maybe you can have a look here. I'm out.

1 comment:

Cely said...

haha.. joash.. thanks :p