Thursday, February 23, 2006

Money (2)

Is it just me, or are people (especially young people) using their money unwisely? For the 1 year I've been working, I've witnessed the people around getting materially richer. Clothes, handphones, accesories, cars... Even students seem to be richer than I am. Ya, it's true. I've seen people taking part time jobs during the holidays and spend all their wages to buy a brand new phone. I don't know, but I'm just not that type of person who is willing to carry RM1500, an amount which I've worked for the whole month, and go to a phone shop and buy a phone. Too much risk involved. I've seen people earning 50 % of my salary affording to buy a car.

I sum up my frustration and my amazement at the way people use money with this story - Last night I was in the lift, after sending May back to her house. Inside the lift stood a monk. I'm not sure of his religion, but I'm sure he's not a Catholic. There was silence for a while. Then he took out his camera phone, and called a friend. A MONK USED HIS CAMERA PHONE TO MAKE A PHONE CALL IN THE LIFT. Now you go figure...

Materialism... pulling us off the right track. It's pulling us off the right track...

No comments: