Tuesday, May 23, 2006

it's 8.30pm

And I'm still in the office. I decided an hour ago that I would leave the office only after 8.3opm, because by then I can claim travel allowance home straight from office. It's the only monetary claim I can make, as I am a contract staff. No OT claims for me. So the only motivations to stay till this hour are the free internet access and not needing to take a train ride home.
 
I've been doing programme testing all day. Actually, not all day. I think altogether I spent about an hour or more actually testing the programmes created by my colleagues. I think I'm a master of QA (quality assurance), because every 15 minutes I will encounter a programme bug. I would inform my colleague, leave the testing workstation, and log the problem with my laptop. Right now I'm feeling really excited, because I have 5 problems logs to show for - enough to prove that I was actually working today... Haha. For now, it's my joy and my colleague's pain. But I foresee that testing and development activities would increase with great pace. And then it'll be my colleague's pain and my pain too.
 
I hope it doesn't happen, but my experience tells me not to place my hopes too high. We are less than a month away from the dateline, and it feels like a delay to bound to happen. Then, it'll be overtime without OT claims for me - the contract staff...
 
The time now is 8.43pm. And I'm outta here. Ni'h.

No comments: