Tuesday, May 09, 2006

The Wedding Singer

A couple in the church has asked May and I do sing a song for their wedding. Still not sure if it's for the wedding dinner or the wedding ceremony - or both. I remember singing in 3 previous weddings. And I still find it weird that they would entrust me to sing at such an important day of their lives. First of all, I don't have a nice voice, although sometimes I do impress myself. Haha, just kidding. But seriously.

1 was when my dad asked me to sing a few songs to accompany his sharing. The other 1 I got myself into it - me and my big mouth. Took a song that was originally written by my mom, rewrote a few lines and sang as the lovely couple signed, and then danced. No, the couple danced, not me. My bro played the piano on that occasion. We initially planned to ascend a key higher, but last minute my bro thought I couldn't do it. He abandoned the plan last minute, and everyone (myself included) thought I blew it. And I guess the couple who invited me this time weren't there to witness my error. Third one was last year loh, when Lemuel asked me to songlead at the wedding dinner. No comments about that.

This time May was pretty excited about the whole idea. And I always dreamt to do a duet with her, so we said yes. Don't see any harm to this. If we do good, we'll get ourselves a new career. If we do bad, we won't have to worry about people asking us to sing again for the next generation or so... Thought of few good duet songs, but I don't think we're that good. In the end, we decided to use a song I wrote and add some "duet" flavour to it. The bridegroom-to-be said that he'll surely get someone to record that. I told him that even if he didn't, I would. No no. I will, regardless.

The practice is 3 weeks away, and we still are in the midst of making the song complete. Not that good of a song-writer, but I'm very determined to make this good. Fingers crossed. Who knows? I may even put it up here for the world wide web to view.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Nah, maybe not.

3 comments:

Cely said...

any preview? heheheh
Good luck

Anonymous said...

wow..duet singing by May and Joash..that will be lovely and sweet..

hey..put it up here la...

-numezs-

Anonymous said...

sounds good... anticipating...