Sunday, February 04, 2007

How I Spent February 1st

1. MalaysianLah Coverage of Federal Territory Day Celebrations in Dataran Merdeka (Liberty Square), Kuala Lumpur.

It's my first time, and there wasn't much there lah - ministers showing up late, singing the national anthem, parachuters with flags landing on Dataran Merdeka, and a lot of marching (too much in my opinion). There weren't many people that showed up anyway. Most of them were reporters (carrying big cameras) & people with video cameras. There was a group of guys who were trying to get girls involved in the marching to pose for their camera phones... hahaha. The rest were most likely families & friends of participants of the celebration and I spotted some tourists.

I didn't stay for the whole thing lah... I mean, how long can you stand by the side of the road watching people march? We wrapped up MalaysianLah coverage & headed to the bus stop. But as we walked away we heard music... We turned back to find the best band we heard that day - the band from SMK Kuen Cheng. That was the thing that made our morning's trip worth it.

2. Winning Eleven 9

Lemuel (birthday boy) & I challenged one another. He won more games than I (5-3), but I wasn't that worried, considering that I was using my newly set up master league team versus the Brazil national team, and I lost 2 games on penalties.

3. Sushi

In the evening, dad wanted to make sushi. May was tired after working from 7am - 2pm (her company decided to work that day, so that they'll get a longer holiday for CNY), but she came & help us anyway. In the end we only had 1 plate of sushi, because we were eating as we made them... Haha.

4. Birthday Celebration at D'Fortune

Joined Lemuel & gang to celebrate his birthday. What's special about this western food restaurant is that they have fortune cookies... We scolded KeXin for taking too much, but she blamed the fortune cookie because it said "Have another fortune cookie". RDTH.

5. PICTIONARY

I invited the birthday party people to come over for PICTIONARY!! Friends, if you want to have a good laugh & your gang has no joker in it (not in our case), play PICTIONARY!! PICTIONARY ROCKS!! We had so much fun. The biggest laugh came when I was trying to draw a dog. After the first 3 seconds I knew I couldn't draw a dog (Melanie thought it was a DUCK!!), so I circled the previous pictures of a cat & a rat. I got Melanie to say "rat afraid of cat, cat afraid of duck?". Annie probably got frustrated, and a phone call came in. As I kept circling the rat & the cat & the 'duck' - with 5 seconds left - Annie said "Dog" as she held her phone on her ears... And everyone just laughed for almost 5 minutes.

So, anyone game on PICTIONARY?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pictionary is quite cool, especially if one can't draw for nuts, like me. Haha!

desiree said...

pictionary really seems like a virus from klang as your dad said. lol.. oh no i mean rdth! but dont blame me. =)