Thursday, February 22, 2007

I Found Myself A Penang Guide

Since working for this company (of which I'm about to leave), I've desired to go to Penang & Johor for holiday & for their food. My company has projects in both Penang & Johor, so I was hoping that they would sent me down there to perform training or something, as they would provide for lodging & transport & all that stuff. Unfortunately I would not have that opportunity, so I would have to make those trips on my own.



Recently I've taken initiative to go to Batu Pahat, Johor, and try out some of their best food. I have relatives there, so that made things a lot easier. I stayed at my aunt's house & my cousin took me around. Now the place to explore is Penang. But I don't know anyone in Penang, so who would generously extend their kindness like my relatives have in Johor?

Kenny Sia did me a favour in that department.


He issued an open challenge to Penang Bloggers - "Where can I find the BEST OF THE BEST Penang food?", he asked. And I'm so glad he asked. I gave it a day or 2 before I went to check out the 2 Penang Bloggers I know... Nothing from Boss Stewie or Eve. It was only a week later that Eve came up this post.





I didn't read through the entire post. In fact, I only read 1 part, because this picture looked too good...



And immediately I left her some love...



And then waited for another 3 days to finally see this:



DID YOU SEE THAT? Let's zoom in for a better view...

Eve, I'm talking your word for it. Thanks in advance. MalaysianLah takes on PENANG FOOD with Eve!! Coming Soon!! In July!! And beyond...

2 comments:

Eve said...

hie joash! thanks for this post. If I'm still around in Penang in July, i'll definately bring you around, no problem. But i might be out of country then. Contact me then =)

Anonymous said...

the swatow lane ice kacang with fruits? (just by youth park, ya? check with eve) i think i've been there. so i can vouch for eve that it is definitely one of the best i've tasted. there are other deals too i think. forgot the names....where they have thick, fresh juice as the "gravy"(if you will)with chunks of fruit and yummified whatnots. so do go! seriously.
-phoebs (the taiping one)