Thursday, February 28, 2008

JB Log 1

Yesterday I got a suprising request from a friend to update my blog. I don't have any friends, & most of them don't read my blog (when bloggers say that, it's a small hint of request for readers to leave comments. I'm sincere however, but that goes to show that I'm just talking to myself now. Tragic....). But anyway, I wanted to write about my videography expeditions in JB anyway. In fact, Joseph & I have been messing around with the idea of starting a personal vlog on our life here. We still can't agree on a name, so don't know if that will ever become reality.
So anyway, Joseph & I landed a videography job in JB. Yes, our namecards do say "VIDEOGRAPHER". Our task is to produce videos on the happenings in the Iskandar Development Region, South Johor. Basically, we're vloggers lah. Paid ones. The website that bears our mark is www.iskandar.com.my. That would give you an idea on what we do here.
It's been about 3 weeks now, & everything is starting to fall into place. Not very nicely, but we'll play the cards we're dealt with (Joseph's quote) & produce the best videos for our company. The first thing that was provided for us is an apartment in Danga View Apartments. It's a very nice 3-room apartment, but Joseph is everyday awaken to the sound of Muslim prayers. It has microwave, washing machine...

But just as we were about to get comfortable with 2 of us OWNING the whole apartment, our boss asks us to move in with 4 other people. Worst part is that we have to share 1 room!! How crappy is that?! From a big apartment to sharing a room? We're going to sleep, eat, & do work in that small rectangle!! GOSH!! How sucky is that?

There's a lifeline though. The original plan was to provide us with an apartment cum office in Danga Walk (office lots). And that can only be realised if we manage to get more people to work together with us. So, if you do anybody who lives in JB, loves to be on & off camera, has a great personality & enjoys working in a team, let me know at joashchan@gmail.com.

I'm actually blogging in the car, parked outside Festive Street Mall, using their free WIFI (ya, we still don't have internet connection - sad right?). And we're hungry, so I think I'll just leave the rest for another time. Come back soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice apartment.. sad that u have to leave though... at least now u know i really read ur blog. u should know who am i lar... if u really have no idea, checked who called u on the 27th feb at 15:17... hehhee...

next time, wanna blog in a car, get enough supplies... like drinks and snacks... so u guys can stay longer and u can write more! hehehe...

take care ya!