Saturday, February 16, 2008

A Professional Vlogger I Am

After 6 jobless months & a 2-month long interview process, I'm finally here in Johor Bahru as a professional vlogger. That's right, a hired, paid, salary-earning vlogger. I'm now a part of a company that runs a video-based website. Why JB? Well, it's because we're covering the Iskandar Development Region (IDR), a government initiative for economical growth in the state of Johor.

With me I brought a bag of clothes, 2 amatuer video cameras, & Joseph Teng. Haha, yup. We're the pilot crew of this project & thank God I'm working with someone good. I'll reveal the website at a later stage, for the simple reason that we haven't really got any work done. We've only been here 5 days, the company is at its' beginning stages so we don't really have much to work with.

We have an apartment provided for us, which is nice. But we're still waiting on things like internet connection (I'm blogging from a cyber cafe). There's no car, so we have to go on foot for food, internet, groceries, & events in Danga Bay. It's good exercise, but I'm really hoping that we'll get a car soon. Living & eating in Danga Bay is slightly off our budget at the current moment. The apartment has microwave oven & an electrical kettle, so we sometimes cook maggi. But that's no way to live. & gosh there aren't any mamaks nearby!!

Anyway, in spite of it all, I'm pretty excited about the future. It's one of my dream jobs. Only downside is staying away from my family & loved ones. I miss them a lot (going back next Friday!! YAY!!).

Pictures coming up.

No comments: