Monday, July 17, 2006

Evening News

I've been meaning to post these pictures(from The Star Newspaper) a while back. As you can see it isn't hot news. Nonetheless, I feel that if I'm going to write about anything, I have to write about these things that happen in our beloved country.
3 men decided to rob a jewellary store, and 2 other men ended up dead. Just like that - without warning. Life is so fragile, isn't it? One moment you're thinking about going home and watch the World Cup; then the next thing you know death is near. 2 families are left behind.


This family had been facing financial problems. Husband lost his job a few months back. Don't really know what triggered the mom to want to commit suicide, along with the 4 children. 2 managed to escape. I wonder if the other 2 even knew what's coming. I wonder if anyone offered to help them get back on their feet. I wonder if I would give to this family if they came to me. I know something needs to be done, but I don't know what.



Anyone thinks that cutting out suicide scenes would help? If this would help, then we shouldn't publish news that talks of people jumping down from a tall building. Then CSI shows would have to be banned, because they give details on a murderer's ways. They even mention what mistakes a murderer made that led to his arrest - so would that help other murderers from avoiding the same mistakes? Not forgetting the local shows that depicts how the husband beats up his wife.
Are tv shows the main problem? I don't think so.


Yup, in spite of the increasing crime rate, we still want more nightlife - for the tourists. I believe that the majority of tourists that come to Malaysia wants to enjoy the Malaysian life - how it is like to live in a Malaysia... Isn't that why people go to different countries? To experience the culture and way of life over there?
As far as I'm concerned, there can be only 2 activities that Malaysians do after midnight - Sleep/Eat. Hot Nasi Lemak at 2am in the morning, baby!! Syokness!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yo man..looks like no one comments on your blog here huh?..
well, dun be dismayed, Pablo Picasso only sold 2 of his paintings in his entire lifetime, and even those two were secretly bought by his own brother..haha!..
well, cheer up, you're not dead yet,and i'm commenting!..(and its not in secret..)
i guess, we just have to uh..uh..drop it like its hot loh..
hahahah!!!!

anyway, keep it up man. i think you're writing alot of sense here..its just whether this sense is being heard of or not..
cheers!

jason