Thursday, July 06, 2006

The World Cup 2006 - Semi Finals (2)

France 1 vs Portugal 0
 
Wow!! What an exciting match!! I saw the replay, and knowing the results beforehand did nothing to put off the excitement the game brought (maybe my Winning 11 did).
 
I have nothing much to say about this match lah. Zidane's penalty was superb lah. It was always curling away from the goalkeeper. Had it not been for Thuram, though, Portugal would have had won the game easily. I'm very happy that France is in the final and I'm really hoping for a high scoring match.
 
Ok now I have somethings to say. Don't judge me. Judging from this match, I have a few suggestions for the French team manager that would make their game against Italy a great one.
 
_ Replace Abidal with Silvestre. Abidal conceded possession in dangerous areas and defended poorly.
_ Replace Barthez with Coupet - or you'll be staring calamity in the face!!
_ 4-5-1 has served you well throughout this competition. Now Henry would need Trezeguet as his stricking partner to break the Italian defense.
_ If you insist on going 4-5-1, then you'll have to make Cristiano Ronaldo french and replace Malouda.
 
 

No comments: