Tuesday, July 04, 2006

The World Cup 2006 - Semi Finals (1)

Germany 0 vs Italy 2
 
I managed to wake up just before the end of the first half... I chose to do that, because I know if there were any goals, it will be shown during the half time show. That way I don't miss a thing, or waste my time watching nothing. Anyway, after the first half of extra time I turned off the tv. Somehow sleep became my main priority. I had a feeling that Del Piero would score the winning in the final minutes. But didn't expect it to be 2-0 though. The following are a summary of my thoughts of the match.
 
_ Ballack and Pirlo were the engines for their respective teams in midfield. Pirlo had more of the ball and a tougher job to do, in my opinion.
_ Both keepers played extremely well.
_ Saw flashes of brilliance by Totti - ineffective ones.
_ Bastian Schweinsteiger didn't even try to take on Zambrotta. Phillip Lahm looked more like an attacking player than he did.
_ David Odonkor - the commentator introduced him as the fastest player in the German league. He went on to say that "he looks like an olympic runner who found his way into the national football squad... by accident". I have no clue...
_ Did you see how Ballack intentionally stuck Iaquinta when they both went in for a high ball? He then pretended as if he collided head on. And it seemed like the commentor didn't notice that after 2 replays.
_ Alberto Gilardino was unlucky to hit the post with Lehmann beaten. Italy finally looked like winning the game.
 
Will have more motivation to watch tonight's match - Portugal vs France - because I'll be able to play Winning 11 at the same time. HAHA.

No comments: