Thursday, June 07, 2007

Count Down - 17 days to go

The day started off with me realising that I've been commissioned to perform something that could have been completely avoided right from the beginning. I call this "DOUBLE WORK", something that has definitely been a big part of my working experience with this company. With proper planning, my work would be a lot easier, and I would smile more.

It has taken me 6 hours to completely edit a 46-page document because Microsoft Word keep popping up with this error::


After once or twice I decided that it might be a good idea to reinstall MS Office. That idea was given to me by my colleagues when I had that problem previously. So I went up to our main floor (I'm on the 23rd and they are on 26th) to request for the installation CD. I told the office administrator what I wanted and she said that I need to fill in a form. I was directed to the office receptionist who found for me that form. I took the form, filled in, went back to the 23rd floor to get signature from my manager. I rushed back up to the 26 floor, handed the form to the receptionist.

She looked at the form, saw the installation CD that I wanted & then said...

"Oh, someone has already taken it"
They say that filling the form is for recording purposes. But I remember the previous way of doing it is by simply filling out a log book. Isn't that sufficient?

I tell you, these administrators are out to make my last days here miserable. God help.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh, so that was the problem that day! Now I know. yeah it is sickening especially when you need to get a job done urgently. Anyway, don't worry too much it'll be over soon and I'm sure you have something better out there for you which I'm sure there's one in your mind. You take care and get lots of rest whenever you can :) k? I'm sure this is totally draining you out.