Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Laptop Woes

There were actually people who send me their 'condolences' upon reading my blog entry, It Pays To Be Smart, in which I talk about how I fixed my 7-year-old company laptop & therefore ruining my chance to get a new laptop. A few days later, I told my manager that the laptop is still useable, and that it's still entirely up to him if he wants to give me a new laptop. I was surprised to hear him say that the original arrangement will stay and I'll be getting a brand new DELL laptop.



The specifications were meant for a programmer, so I assume it'll be quite a powerful machine. I got really excited. I can't upload my videos to Youtube or Google Videos (and now, blip.tv too) with this 7-year-old company laptop. I believe it's associated with the Trojan Horse virus that my company's anti virus software is unable to completely remove. And since the OS will be Windows XP, I'll be able to actually do video-editting with Windows Movie Maker. Not as awesome as using Nokia N series for instant video blogging, but that will do for the next 3 months or so. I was so happy, I was even willing to endure the occasionaly pink screens I get...




Last week the new laptops finally arrived. The new colleague got a hand-me-down from the manager while the manager gets the new one. I remained calm & did not show any excitement, even though I knew that one of my colleagues was configuring my new laptop at the other side of the office. But I couldn't hold my enthusiasm for long, and once I saw my colleague during lunch hour I asked him where's my new laptop. Then he gave me bad news:


"You won't get the new laptop, cause boss wants it."

I don't know how you would feel, but I was really ticked off. My manager promised me a brand new laptop, had he say otherwise earlier I would still be able to accept it. I also found out that the boss has previously lost his laptop only last year and got a new one. And now he dares to rob me of what's promised to me? I know he's the country general manager and all, but the payment for the laptop came out from the project budget, in which he does nothing!!

The new laptop is right now under my colleague's desk. It's been there for a week now. I can't have it, because my boss wants it. But I'm not getting my bosses' laptop either, cause he has not been in office long enough for the exchange to happen. I really need those super powers now, God...


GIVE ME MY NEW LAPTOP!! ARGHH!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

although i know u wont reply any comments posted here...

But i wanna say, this post is funny..and i think i know how it feels.. the kind of disappointment!

Pray that the new laptop kena strike by thunder! haha