Wednesday, March 28, 2007

England's True Saviour

What joy to see Englang finally winning a football match. The media hails Steven Gerrard as England's (and their manager's) saviour, with headlines like "Gerrard rescues England from brink of disaster". It's easy to come onto conclusions like that, after all, the man did score 2 goals. Some (i think very few, if one considers his track record thus far) would give credit to Steve Mclaren for restoring Gerrard to his favourite position, something I would have done a long time ago. But further investigation would provide more hints & a clearer picture as to who is truly the mastermind behind England's 3-0 win over Andorra.

no, definitely not him...
The only reason why Gerrard was in that position was because Lampard was out of the England qualifier with an wrist injury.

"my wrist... it hurts so bad..."
And how was he injured? Reports say that Lampard suffered the injury when he was struck by a full-power shot by Wayne Rooney in training on Monday... Wayne Rooney?? Hmm, that makes perfect sense... My guess is that Rooney had a conversation with Steven Gerrard before training that day...


Rooney: Hey Steve. Lampard really sucked the other day...

Gerrard: Yea, tell me about it... I can't believe that the gaffer is still picking him.

Rooney: At least Beckham could cross a ball.

Gerrard: Yea, Beckham should play on the right wing. Then I should...

Rooney: Play at the centre, right?

Gerrard: Exactly.

Rooney: I have a plan to get you there, Stevie.

Gerrard: You're going to overthrow the queen?

Rooney: NO!! I'm going to do something to Lampard, but you'll have to play along.

Gerrard: Hmm... go on....

Rooney: First of all, get Lampard into position like this...



Gerrard: Uhuh...

Rooney: Then once you see me in this motion...



Gerrard: That's a really nice picture of you.

Rooney: Why thank you.

Gerrard: So what do I do next?

Rooney: Actually, if you haven't say it, I wouldn't notice how nice this picture really is...

Gerrard: yea yea, and then what do I do?

Rooney: Oh sorry mate. When you see me like that, you move away...

Gerrard: And...??

Rooney: And then this!!


Gerrard: That's a nice picture too.

Rooney: I'm good at choosing photos, ain't I?

Wayne Rooney, England's True Saviour.

2 comments:

prakashdaniel said...

dude, he is the true survivor la and looking from your well scripted chat between Roony and Gerard, that will be the best way he had an injury...hahahaha

Anonymous said...

now i know why you're into film-making