Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Catch Phrase (1) - In My Heart

So this is the beginning of a new category called Catch Phrases. Throughout recent years I have had the ability to cause an epidemic, where people around me begin to use a particular phrase frequently. Some phrases were self-created, others were inspired or directly copied from sitcoms & movies. Friends have caught the bug & we have shared many laughters with all these catch phrases. They have brought colour to our lives (seriously), and I want to share them with you, in hope that you and your circle of friends could enjoy them.
 
So today, I would like to introduce to you the catch phrase of the moment - IN MY HEART.
 
Have you heard of people giving an excuse for not doing something, citing innocence as they have done it in their heart? The times where you needed something practical, some obvious action, some initiative, but all you got was moral support & empty words? Let me refresh your memory.
 
"Yes, son. I have always loved you. In my heart, I love you."
 
"I may have acted cold. But in my heart, I really pity that poor kid."
 
"Believe me. From my heart of hearts I wanted to, but I just couldn't..."
 
"Sorry I don't spend as much time with you now. But believe me, in my heart, you're number one"
 
The truth is, that we all desire words in action. We can't say that we love a person if we don't give, we don't spend time with that person... You can't tell your teacher that you've done your homework without showing the work you've done. You can't say that you have a compassionate heart if you don't give to or help the poor & needy. You can't shit in your heart, you can't sleep in your heart, you can't eat in your heart. Gosh, you certainly can't blog in your heart.
 
So in essence, the catch phrase "IN MY HEART" means "NO". All you need to do is insert "IN MY HEART" at the back of your sentence. The following are examples to help you put this catch phrase in to good use:
 
1. When your boss asks if you're coming to work over the weekend, you answer "Yes I am coming. IN MY HEART"
 
2. When your mom asks you to throw out the garage, you answer "It's already done. IN MY HEART"
 
3. When the mamak shouts at you & demands that you pay for your meal, you answer " SUDAH BAYAR LAH. IN MY HEART"
 
4. When the police interrogate you as a suspect, you boldly answer "yes I killed him. IN MY HEART"
 
5. When the charges against you were read, you peacefully answer "I plead guilty. IN MY HEART"
 
Disclaimer: you'll need the other party to understand the idea as well to cause clear communication.
 
So now that you know how to use "IN MY HEART", go knock yourself out in your heart.
 

No comments: