Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Public Transport - Trains (6)

This past Monday I was happily walking towards Bank Negara KTM Station. I timed it just right so that I can get on the train once I arrive at the platform. Then this killed my joy...

For some reason, the counter dude decided to give himself a break & close the counter. Now the "TUTUP" sign is obviously self-made, so I reckon that KTM doesn't close its counters until after the final route is completed. So I had to queue up along with the rest of us who doesn't own a TOUCH 'n Go Card to buy our ticket from the ticket machine. If you're a frequent KTM user, you'll know that the ticket machines are super unfriendly towards coins (that's another problem altogether). And as you can guess, the train left without me, and I had to wait for another 30 minutes for the next train (that's ANOTHER problem too!!). Funny how the Sentul route trains carry so much less people (you can see drops of water forming on the windows) but appears faithfully & always on time(problem #3!!).

Now, perhaps that KTM staff who placed the "TUTUP" sign during rush hour, when he was needed most, had an emergency to attend to. I mean, come on, let's give him the benefit of the doubt. And I'm all out for food, man. If you're hungry, go & have a meal.

This sign occasionally appears at Segambut KTM slightly after 9am. But thankfully the crowd then is way smaller and it wouldn't cause too much of a problem.

What KTM needs to do is place 2 personnels, at least, at each counter. I remember once the electricity was down at Segambut train station, and that affected even the TOUCH 'n GO cardholders. Of course the ticket machine can't be used too, so everyone had to rely on the KTM personnels. And guess what? There were 2 personnels there!! 1 was handling the tickets, while another was using a machine to help those using TOUCH 'n Go.

So my question is - why the inconsistency? Kadang-kadang ada satu, kadang-kadang ada dua.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i totally understand.. hahaha

that day i also.. i din buy the return ticket yet.. so i gotto buy at vending machine.. is frustrated becoz the machine is sllow.. and some of the coins it does not accept.. and the worst is i dun have much coins with me... damn !

the ticket seller went for the buka puasa ! geram betul.. train coming ge ma... and i haven even got my ticket...