Thursday, October 19, 2006

Cross yourself?

I was going my morning routine, reading yahoo.com sports news where I stumble across this article, where Fabio Cannavaro, the Real Madrid was speaking to the press ahead of their clash with Barcelona this weekend. Now I don't know if he speaks English, or if he used a different language while addressing the press... But I saw something funny... Check out what Fabio Cannavaro said, or presumably said, about Ronaldinho...
 
"We know all about Ronaldinho, he is a phenomenal player. I don't know how you stop him. When your rival has a forward like that you simply have to cross yourself and hope for the best."
 
Did you see that? No? Read it again.
 
"you simply have to CROSS YOURSELF and hope for the best."
 
Wow. Listen to the World Cup winning captain of 2006 Italian team giving advice on how to defend against one of the world's most feared strikers...
 
"You'll first notice him being beamed down from his space ship... "
 
"You do know he's an alien from Planet Brazil, don't you? That's where he got those funny teeth..."
Ronaldinho Gaucho, Brazil
 
"No, stupid!! Funny teeth doesn't give them greater skill or speed. It's just the way they distract you. They sometimes show up with funny hairdo too. You remember Ronaldo in 2002?" 
Ronaldo photo gallery, Ronaldo picture gallery, Ronaldo photo galleries, Ronaldo picture galleries
 
"That's how he scored 2 goals lah... They want you to think that they're stupid. Don't fall for that... Anyway, listen to me. When he comes charging forward..."
 
 
"CROSS YOURSELF!! Like this..."
 
"or like this..."
Gosh, I hope that I'll be able to blog more, so that this post won't be on the front page. But will my site now have much more traffic? I wonder...

6 comments:

Boss Stewie said...

well i'm sure ur site has a lot more traffic than most of us

Joash Chan said...

boss stewie: haha. I seriously doubt that, my friend.

Anonymous said...

LOL! It's an open secret that Italians are generally gay. Hahahahaha!

Anonymous said...

wei, no good la joashhhhhh...

:p

Get boss stewie to feature u... ur traffic will increase tremendously

tihtahpah said...

hey, i wish there was ONE malaysian who looks half as good as Cannavaro! yummy...damn Italians!

Joash Chan said...

Gallivanter, I just know that they are good with handsigns...

Cely, are you asking me to pose nude for Boss Stewie's blog?

Tihtahpah, ..... (sweat).... I guess...