Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Camera Trouble

Lately I've been having difficulty uploading my video recordings onto my PC. I don't really know what's wrong. It could be the firewire, the capture card, or even the video camera itself...



Saturday night I decided that it was probably right to reformat the PC, considering that I still have that Trojan virus in there (I don't know how to get rid of it!!). A family were our guests that night & stayed in my house, so my PC has been in the living room ever since. It's quite a nice arrangement actually. Now while working late, I can also enjoy watching footbal on Astro...


Reformatting was completed, but still I couldn't upload my videos. I was ready to depart with my video camera for about a month, should it require repairs. It's quite sad, but already I have a lot of raw clips that are left undone. So perhaps it was reminder to stop recording anything until I've managed to clear everything that I've committed to do (currently I have 2 documentaries to complete).

So the next step was to find that darn warranty card... Took me 2 days. May was so convinced that I was keeping it, while I find it highly unlikely that she would let me keep something so important. I mean, she even keeps my KFC voucher... but she was right this time. I found it in a drawer of a table that was once mine, now used by my dad. I was overjoyed.

In the midst of trying to upload the videos, I discovered 2 things (i'm such an idiot!!). 1, is that I can directly recording video into my PC. Ok I knew such technology exist, but I never tried doing it myself. Anyway, this opens up a lot of opportunities for me!! Now I don't have to waste tape while recording stuff in my room. And I believe I'll also be able to record PICTIONARY sessions!! YES!!

Another discovery was that I didn't have to use firewire to upload my videos - a mindset which was passed down to me by the dude who taught it all to me. I was just trying out the USB and it actually works!! I suspect the video quality might be lesser, but it'll do for now lah.

Now the other thing is to get that new laptop, so that I can upload my videos online... That's a whole different situation.

No comments: