Friday, March 31, 2006

Public Transportation - Buses (2)

You (yes, the non-existent you) may have recalled me talking about buses a while ago. I've not encountered a problem with the bus for a while now, partly because I take the train to work nowadays. Another reason would be because I've lost all hope in them.
 
Recently, the bus service in KL has experienced some sort of rebuilding. If I were proud of the system, i would in detail explain the entire system to you. I can, but I won't, because I'm not happy with it. You can google "Rapid KL" and go see for yourself. Ok I'll show you all once I get a hold on a route map. I've heard of some satisfied customers, so I thought I would try it for myself. Last night, I left May's place at 9.45pm and waited for the bus that would take me from Ipoh Road 4th mile to Ipoh Road 5th mile. I've waited for 10 minutes for the bus to arrive, and I was on my way. It was 9.55pm.
 
9.58pm I got on a bus that would take me from Ipoh Road 5th mile to Metro Prima. It was another pleasant journey, and I arrived at my destination within 15 minutes. And then the nightmare began. After 30 minutes, or eternity, the bus that would take me home finally arrived. I arrived home at 10.55pm, and I haven't had my dinner.
 
"What's wrong with the trip, joash" you may ask... well, let me give you a comparison of the current bus system and the old one. in the old days, there were 3 buses to choose from - 43B, 143A, 29. 43B is the favourite option, as it takes the shortest route back home, only a 10 minutes' journey. 143A and 29 are the alternatives for me. They use a longer route and would bring me home in 30 minutes. The problem they had was inconsistency. Buses weren't as frequent as they promise to be. The waiting can be really dreadful and even when the bus does arrive, it'll be packed with frustrated customers.
 
And so now, what has the new and "improved" bus system done to ease my pain? 2 things, just da 2.... 1, the price is lower. 2, I wait at a different location. Did it solve my problem??! NO!! The bus is still inconsistent, and I still need 1 hour to reach home. Nothing has changed!! Sure the price is lower, but I would pay more if you make the bus trips more frequent!! And the different location where I have to wait for my bus to come - it sucks. Dang it, that's where all the other buses are waiting for their passangers!! Their engines are running, and we breathing in the gas coming out of those buses!!
 
"well then, joash, do you have a solution?"... Vote for me, and you'll find out.

2 comments:

Cely said...

ahha.. get a license... and get a car.. caar price drop.. cheap now.. ho ho ho ho...

Anonymous said...

Ha...ha...ha... y u alwayz talk bout public transport??? y dun u get ur own transport such as....

bicycle (x need petrol(petrol price increase d) @ can exercise oso)

so...jz think bout tat LAH!! ^-^

4rm-jolly jokers