Thursday, March 23, 2006

Public Transportation - Trains (4)

You would thought by now somebody would stop me and say "What more could there be to talk about on the train service of Malaysia?", but I suppose no one even reads this page. And you would thought that I would figure that out long ago. But I won't stop writing, regardless. This will be my platform where I pen down my thoughts and store my material, as I pursue my dream of one day becoming a stand-up comedian. Ni'h.
 
Today's train experience was rare and awkward. Ever realise the word 'awkward' is such an awkward word? (Haha, that one I stole from a comedian) It's been a long while since I took the 8.20am ride, so I was a bit surprised to see quite a crowd at the station. So I picked my spot and waited, hoping that the door would be right where I stood. I waited before the yellow and tilted my head to the right, just like everyone else. A yellow object started to appear from the horizon and people from the seats took their places behind us.
 
This particular has only 2 doors for each coach, one on each end, which is kinda weird and troublesome. Furthermore, the doorway could only fit 1 person at a time. This way the probability of the door being right in front of you in less. But I felt today was going to be my lucky day. But no, some lady had to stand in front of me, and BEHIND THE YELLOW LINE, mind you... The train finally stopped and true enough the door was just in front of me, with that rude, law-disobeying, inconsiderate lady standing in between me and my destiny (or is it my destiny and I? Hmm...). But 2nd in line was not bad at all, so I was smiling. But that was before the door opened.
 
Once the door opened, ladies pushed their way from the left, right, and even behind of me!! It's like ants suddenly appeared!! I had to look up and make sure no one got over me. From 2nd, I was like 27th now. But that was not all my misery. No, the ladies behind had to push me into the train. Not with their hands, mind you!! They would do anything to get into the train!!
 
I'm like, "What happened?! You girls are suppose to be sweet and polite and gentle, but look at you!!"... Of course, my mind was shouting, not my mouth. In my years of using public transportation, I have concluded that 90% of those that enter without courtesy and  gentleness are ladies. And I'm serious!! Even men behave better!! So what's up with that, girls??

No comments: