Wednesday, November 01, 2006

We Want Answers

I was reading Jeff Ooi's blog, and in it I found the statement released by Dr. Mahatir on 28 Oct 2006.

"The questions and issues I raised have not been answered. What is being questioned is my right to comment and criticise."
It's tragedy, really. Even the former Prime Minister can't comment and criticise the government. What about us then? Surely we must have the right to fight for what is right. Surely voting isn't the only way Malaysian citizens and commoners can contribute to our beloved country.
There are actually genuine cries out of sincere hearts, with the desire to make our country a better place for everyone. But all they get is "Don't criticize", "Take back that comment", "Don't kacau me and let me work", "You go to jail, bad boy".... What happened to the art of answering a question with an answer?
Joash Chan
Malaysian Citizen & Commoner.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, thanks for visiting!

Anonymous said...

hi joash, thanks for dropping by my site.

regarding your question about the citizens' rights to speak out, isn't it the same thing that is happening now happened during mahathir's reign? nothing's changed.

Joash Chan said...

I think that's partly what the current administration is doing now - pointing to Mahathir's reign & going like "last time also like that mah"...

yea, I know nothing's changed. But shouldn't it? Thanks for dropping by...