Wednesday, June 21, 2006

False Alarm? / Rant On Stupid Questions (1)

Yesterday our company's new internet policy rolled out. We had to make changes to internet properties and all that... The first big impact was that I was unable to activate msn or google talk. There were also several websites that I frequent, and now they are blocked. In a way, it's a blessing in disguise, because I read too much on my computer. And sites like Blogger, YouTube, and my blogs (b4jc, malaysianlah, fccjournal) were still available. I suppose I won't be able to visit these sites as often as I have, just to be cautious.

Anyway, after writing an email informing everyone of my absence from the chatroom world and a few hours of boredom, I found that msn and google talk has been revived!! HAHA!! So happy. But feel so stupid for giving a false alarm. It's not like the end of the world mah...

Today again I am unable to use my google talk and msn. So I'm not too sure how this will gonna work out. Aiya, I'll just get a internet connection at home lah...
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

I really dislike expressions like "huh?" and "what?" in writing (sms, msn) . I mean, it's already hard enough to understand the question in a face-to-face encounter. At least in face-to-face conversations there is a possibility of noice. But now you have the message recorded wo... MSN, SMS?? They like to reply my long statements with 1 inconsiderate word + question mark. Then I have to ask "what do you not understand about what I said just now?"... You see?? I write a 10-word long sentence, then they post 1 word, and I have to reply with another 10 words... At least have to courtesy to say "Sorry, i don't understand what you just said. Can you explain more?"... you see?? 12 words in response for not understanding a 10-word long sentence is more reasonable, don't ya think?

And more often than not, all they need to do is to read my message again and activate their brains into thinking mode. Super disrespectful oh... Next time when I get such a response in writing, I'll just assume this formula :: 1 word + question mark = brain status idle + Come back later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok lah understand what you said. dun try to illustrates more k?
I still cant forsee whether i will be in Main office in the future...

Anonymous said...

ahhahahah... so mean !

Anonymous said...

"huh?" is a stupid answer to stupider questions.