Tuesday, June 13, 2006

My Theory On Goldfishes / At The Lift

My dad left on Sunday morning to join mom in Singapore. Been home alone since then. Feeding the fishes once a day isn't a difficult task at all, considering the times we had dogs or cats as pets. But there were 7 fishes on Sunday. Today only 1 is surviving.
 
I noticed that 1 of the bigger fishes was swimming at a very slow pace on Monday night. I had a feeling that it was about to die. Probably old age, I thought to myself. I checked back on them once I got home from work, and true enough, it was dead. Then I saw the 2 other big fishes were swimming back-stroke.
 
Something was definitely wrong. It took me a while to realise that the power point for the water filter was loose and therefore not functioning. I pushed it back in, and the noise of the filter could be heard, and I was relieved. I went my way.
 
My friend from college, Wai Cheng, dropped by slightly before 9pm and so did May, who came from work as well. We had our conversation, yada yada yada, yada yada... and then it was 10pm. Time for the girls to go back. I told May about the dead goldfish and she replied "3". The 2 other fishes died too. 4 more left.
 
We changed the water. And oh, and of course we removed the dead fishes. Got my parents to call me back and dad told me to put some liquid into the water. But still I saw another 1 looking like it's about to die too. I isolated it from the other 3 and headed upstairs. This morning 2 more died and only 1 is left.
 
I maybe wrong, but I think they all died of depression. First one was sick of its living environment (water) and committed suicide. The rest soon followed. I won't be surprised if the last one goes too. Everything is fine now, but it's lonely.
 
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
 
While waiting for the lift today, something strange happened. I was singing a Kelly Clarkson song. I only know a bit of the chorus, keep hearing it during TV advertisements. I had no intention of singing this song, somehow it just got blurted out. I took control after 1 line. I wanted to forget about the whole thing - because I was singing a girl's song with a pretence girl's voice, and it's so not me. But then a lady in her late 20's (pure assumption) appeared. I knew she heard me singing. She knew I knew that she heard me singing (pure assumption). I turned and looked the other way, and it was then she farted (true!! true!!).  It was loud, I tell you.
 
I think she wanted to say "hey it's ok to blurt out and sing like a girl. Sometimes I fart like a guy too". And now I feel a whole lot better.

1 comment:

lilgrass said...

hahha...that was funny