Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The World Cup 2006 (1)

How can a football mad blogger not blog about the World Cup, right? Here are my thoughts on some of the games played:

England 1 vs Paraguay 0

Like Sir Bobby Robson said, David Beckham sent in a beautifully weighted ball that was almost impossible to defend against. It looked like even if the defender didn't touch the ball, the goalkeeper wouldn't have saved the free kick. A narrow win, really. For England, and the World Cup, I hope Rooney plays - injury free.



Australia 3 vs Japan 1
I am a football fan that loves action. A good football game to me is 90 minutes of end-to-end, brilliant passing, creativity plus teamwork, a good (or oddly dangerous) goalkeeper and drama. I'm not too sure if this game provided what I wanted, but I only tuned in at the 80th minute and boy it was worth the while. Fatigue costed the Japanese 3 precious points, and Tim Cahill was their executer.
Czech Republic 3 vs USA 0

This is the best game of this World Cup thus far, and Czech Republic showed the world just how good they are. Tomas Rosicky scored 2 fabulous goals. I've always wondered why MU never bought him. He would be an excellent replacement for Paul Scholes. And I think both of them could play alongside each other too. I thoroughly enjoyed this game. I'm sure all neautrals would too.

No comments: