Sunday, June 25, 2006

The World Cup 2006 (10)

England 1 vs Ecuador 0

"Who the man? I the man. Who the man? I the man. *throws up*"

Man, he does look pale... I know the football ain't that beautiful in this game, but I still wished I had seen the match. No Astro...*sob*. A Beckham free kick sealed the game. He made history by becoming the first Englishman to score in 3 World Cups, all in dead-ball situations.Can anyone tell me if he's the first to throw up in a World Cup match?

Portugal 1 vs Netherlands 0

Portugal's performance was pretty impressive. The 3 frontmen for Netherlands tried to expose Portugal's defense with their speed, but Scolari's men did exceptionally well to break the attacks. I wonder how they will match up against England. I would say Portugal go into that quarter final match as favourites to win. But they'll have to hope that Beckham doesn't feel queasy next Saturday.

So there goes my team of choice again. Czech Republic gone, and now the Netherlands. Won't be seeing these 3 guys in action together anytime soon.

No comments: